Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Brief Introduction

I admit up until now I've never really been the "blogging" type of person. I'm anything but reticent about my thoughts in person, but never felt comfortable putting my inner ruminations down in writing for all the world to see. Usually, when I think of your stereotypical "blogger," I think of an angst-ridden, lonely teenager, a fringe political junkie, or a cultist. How unappetizing! 

But there's simply too much going on in the world to remain completely silent. Whether you are a Republican or a Democrat, you simply cannot ignore the myriad issues confronting human society. That is, unless you get your news from one of the less reputable sources. Of course, blogging isn't all about the strong political commentary. It's an exercise in creativity, humor, philosophy, and wit, and you'll find plenty of that here as well. 

I'll keep this introduction short, because I'm too busy to go on in some rambling manifesto (which I am quite tempted to do). My thanks to Jonathan for inspiring this project, and to you, the readers, for giving it a purpose.

-Chase Mechanick

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog, namely because it will probably give me some interesting content to respond to. Remember, I am selfish like that.

    I'll add you to my blogroll and you should add me to yours.

    ReplyDelete